Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before making a purchase from us. By placing an order you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of sale.
Within these terms and conditions, references to:
- “Our”, “We” and “Us” means the Company, Ian Scott Office Furniture, whose address is 1 Alder Holt Close, Armthorpe, Doncaster, DN3 3TR.
- “Customer” means the customer or his or her appointed agent.
- “Our Website” means the Company’s website at www.ianscottofficefurniture.co.uk
- “Our Literature” means information on Our products that is contained on Our Website and within printed material such as catalogues and leaflets that We may make available. This information includes product specification data.
- Where carriage charges apply they will clearly be shown on the invoice.
- Delivery to some parts of Scotland, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, other addresses not on the UK-mainland and some mainland addresses (such as Cornwall and Devon) may attract greater carriage charges.
- Carriage charges are strictly to one address and to ground floor level only, unless agreed with Us prior to placement of the order.
Acceptance of order
The Customer shall be bound by the terms of this contract from the moment he or she places the order.
We will only be bound by the terms once We have reviewed the order and signalled Our acceptance to the Customer.
Should We review the order (as set out in the previous clause) and find reason to vary it, then We will give the Customer the opportunity to opt out of the contract. This clause may typically be envoked if We find that Our supplier has increased its charge(s) for one or more of the items that the Customer has ordered with Us, and in such a case We may wish to vary the price.
Where some or all payment is received prior to fulfillment, We will send the Customer an invoice stating all charges. When the Customer sends payment or part-payment of this invoice, he or she will have signalled acceptance and thus will become bound by the terms of this contract.
Payment of order
- Unless otherwise agreed with Us, payment from the Customer shall be required in full prior to delivery of the goods.
- All public-sector bodies qualify for credit facilities.
- Only at Our sole discretion may the Customer cancel his or her order, whether in full or in part.
- If We agree to the request to cancel all or part of the order, then We will put this in writing, which is usually by e-mail.
- If We choose to attach any terms or conditions to the cancellation (such as a cancellation fee), then We will put this in writing for the Customer’s perusal. This will give the Customer the opportunity to consider whether to accept or not.
- If the Customer accepts such terms and conditions, then he or she shall put this in writing to Us, communicating via e-mail or fax. Due to time constraints, it is usually impractical to allow enough time for a letter to arrive. Then, and only then, will We confirm in writing to the Customer that the cancellation request has been granted, subject to any aforementioned terms.
- Made-to-order items cannot usually be cancelled.
- Cancellations made within two working days of placement of the order will incur an administration fee of £20.00 (excluding VAT) where production of the goods has not started.
- Where any goods are cancelled after commencement of the production process, a fee equal to 35% of their value or £20.00 (whichever is greatest) will be charged.
- Where any goods are cancelled on or after two working days after placement of the order, a fee equal to 35% of their value or £20.00 (whichever is greatest) will be charged.
Delivery of goods
- Goods are delivered only to the specified shipping address and strictly to ground-floor level only, unless agreed otherwise beforehand.
- Goods may be delivered by articulated vehicle and, as such, the Customer shall notify Us beforehand should any access issues be likely to apply.
- We reserve the right to impose charge(s) where We or Our agent attempts delivery and is unable to fulfil because of any of the following reasons:
- Where the Customer is unable to accept goods for any reason, including if his or her designated shipping address is unoccupied or inaccessible.
- Where there are inadequate delivery instructions given to Us beforehand.
- Where there are any access or loading restrictions on the Public Highway in the vicinity of the Customer’s designated shipping address which have not been notified to Us beforehand.
Damaged goods on arrival and discrepancies
- The Customer shall notify Us immediately on receipt of goods should any item be damaged. Any shortages shall be reported within two business days.
- We reserve the right to repair or replace damaged goods at Our discretion.
- Where a damaged item is to be returned, it will be collected by Us or Our agent without charge to the Customer.
- Where there is evidence that a product has been tampered with, this will not be covered. Under such circumstances, the Customer may be charged for the transportation costs, and for any repairs, should he or she wish them to be carried out.
- Only at Our sole discretion, may the Customer return goods.
- If We agree to the Customer’s request to return goods, then We will put this in writing, usually by e-mail.
- If We choose to attach any terms or conditions (such as a re-stocking fee), then We will put it, or them, in writing for the Customer’s perusal. This will give the Customer the opportunity to consider whether to accept or not. The Customer’s acceptance to such terms and/or conditions should be put in writing to Us, either by e-mail, fax or letter. Then, and only then, will We confirm in writing to the Customer that the request to return has been granted, subject to terms.
- We will notify, in writing, of the address that the goods are to be returned to.
- The Customer is responsible for the cost of carriage back to either Our premises, Our supplier or Our appointed agent.
- All items must be returned unused, undamaged and in a resaleable condition in their original packaging. Where items were delivered flat-packed, then they must be returned likewise.
- A refund of the cost of the returned item or items will be made, less a restocking fee of 35%.
- The Customer shall be entitield to no refund on any carriage charges.
Warranties and fault rectification
- All Our products are covered by a minimum 12 months manufacturer’s warranty. Some products come with longer warranties, and these are advised accordingly in Our Literature.
- We reserve the right to repair or replace damaged goods within the warranty. Where an item is to be returned, it will be collected without charge to the Customer.
- Where there is evidence that a product has been tampered with or used in any way which is not in accordance with the manufacturer’ instructions, this will not be covered. Under such circumstances the Customer may be charged for the transportation costs, and for any repairs should he or she wish these to be carried out.
- Lead times given by manufacturers are intended as a guide only.
- All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that goods are delivered on time.
- The Customer shall have no right to cancel any contract for failure by Us or Our suppliers to deliver on the given date.
Retention of title
- Ownership of goods shall not pass to the Customer until such time as full payment has been received by Us.
- In the event of insolvency, partial non-payment or full non-payment, We shall be entitled to enter the Customer’s premises to repossess the goods and the Customer shall allow such access.
Product information and availability
- We give no warranties for any inaccuracies that may be found within Our Literature.
- If a prospective customer would like some additional information on a product shown in Our Literature, then We will endeavour to find it out.
- We will contact the Customer as soon as is reasonably practicable, should a product that he or she has ordered be out of stock with Our appointed supplier. In such a case, We may ask the Customer if he or she would like an alternative item in lieu of the one that is out of stock.
- We will contact the Customer as soon as is reasonably practicable, should a product that he or she has ordered be discontinued by Our appointed supplier. In such a case, We may ask the Customer if he or she would like an alternative item lieu of the discontinued one or whether he or she would like a refund on the discontinued item.
- Where a product is discontinued and the Customer agrees to a refund, this will be to the value of the item(s) in question plus the carriage on those items.
- Where a product is discontinued and the Customer agrees to a refund, he or she will not be entitled to any refund on any other product that is available and will be (or has been) supplied. The engagement of this clause does not preclude the terms within the Returns policy set out above which may otherwise apply.
See Our separate Privacy statement.
Distance Selling Regulations (DSR)
The inclusion of particular clauses within this contract, such as cancellation of orders, are notwithstanding any requirement to comply with DSR where the Customer is a private individual not acting on behalf or his or her employer.
Our Website and cookies
User Agreement By continuing to use our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device.
- All prices published in Our Literature and in any e-mails we may send are quoted exclusive of VAT, unless otherwise stated.
- VAT will be charged at the prevailing rate.
- Our VAT registration number is GB 978 8325 54.